An Introduction to tDCS
An Introduction to tDCS
SELF-PACED COURSE WITH ACCESS TO LIVE LESSONS & DISCUSSION
This is a self-paced course for therapists and researchers who are interested in applying the technique of transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) in clinical or research settings. This workshop covers technical and neurophysiological theory and offers an overview of the state of research.
After successful completion of tests and modules, you will have a solid understanding of tDCS within the research and clinical fields.
The course content is designed and presented by:
There are 6 lessons in this course, each with a video presentation:
- LESSON 1. Introduction to transcranial Direct Current Stimulation
- LESSON 2. Electrotechnical, neurophysiological background of tDCS
- LESSON 3. Safety, regulatory and application guidelines of tDCS
- LESSON 4. tDCS as a therapeutic tool in adults and children
- LESSON 5. Variability in the response to tDCS*
- Practical Demonstration of tDCS Technologies*
*LIVE LESSONS & DISCUSSION
Select lessons will be delivered live and are followed by a Q&A discussion with the presenters. Links to these live sessions can only be accessed by users enrolled in this course and can be found on the lesson page.
Next live date:
10 November 2020
7:00 – 10:00 Central European Time / 17:00 – 20:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time
- LESSON 4: Variability in the response to tDCS with Dr Trevor Brown
- LESSON 5: Demonstration of tDCS Technologies with Dr Ines Mynttinen
- Q&A discussion with presenters
- This course accounts for 60 points towards your neuroCademy profile.
- For this self-paced course, it is estimated a total commitment of 15 hours is needed to complete the presentations, tests and allocated reading materials.
- Participants will receive “An Introduction to tDCS: Theoretical Component” Certificate upon successful completion of all lessons in this course (see below for practical component).
- For Lessons 1 – 4, an 80% pass of the test is required to advance to the next lesson. The test can be repeated as many times as needed. Each lesson includes a recorded video presentation and accompanying learning materials.
- The course is designed as lessons to be completed in sequence. You will need to watch the presentation in full in order to complete the course.
- This course must be completed within 6 months, to maintain consistency of study, ensure understanding of course material and to prepare you adequately for your practical training.
Next steps… An Introduction to tDCS: Practical Component
Upon successful completion of this course, participants have the option of advancing to in-person practical training. In-person training sessions are regularly provided by neuroCare Clinics (Germany, Netherlands, Australia). Please check our events calendar for dates and locations.