Neurofeedback in ADHD & Insomnia – BCIA Accredited
Neurofeedback in ADHD & Insomnia (BCIA Accredited)
This is a self-paced course intended for practitioners, therapists or researchers interested in applying evidence-based applications of Neurofeedback. Presenters will discuss the latest research and evidence for Neurofeedback as a therapy tool for ADHD and sleep problems, focusing on the importance of QEEG in personalising therapy programs and discussing relevant theory.
Participants will gain familiarity with evidence-based Neurofeedback protocols: Theta/Beta, SMR (Sensory Motor Rhythm) and SCP (Slow Cortical Potentials). A further component of the course is to demonstrate how simple, wearable Actigraphy Sleep Assessments can inform our interpretation of QEEG and devise an appropriate neurofeedback therapy program.
Case studies and clinical embedding will be discussed with a focus on the treatment of ADHD and Insomnia.
There are 17 recorded lessons in this course, which are followed by a test for each lesson. There is also a collection of practical demonstration lessons at the end of the course.
The course content is designed and presented by:
Dr Trevor Brown
Senior Neuroscientist & Trainer, neuroCare Group Australia
Joris van Neijenhof
Senior Clinician & Neuropsychologist, neuroCare Group Netherlands
Drs Marleen Stam
Global Trainer & Psychologist, neuroCare Group Netherlands
Dr Martijn Arns
Founder & Research Director, Brainclinics Foundation
Chief Scientific Advisor, neuroCare Group
- For this self-paced course, we have estimated the following time commitment:
- 12 hours to view all lesson presentations
- 3 hours to complete all tests (subsequent to the lesson presentation)
- 15 hours of additional recommended reading material
- Course registration is valid for 6 months. You must complete all lessons in this time to maintain consistency of study, ensure understanding of course material and to prepare yourself adequately for your practical training.
- This course accounts for 170 points towards your neuroCademy profile
- Participants will receive a “Neurofeedback in ADHD & Insomnia: Theoretical Component” Certificate upon successful completion of all lessons in this course (see below for practical component).
- For lessons with a test, an 80% pass of the test is required to advance to the next lesson. The test can be repeated as many times as needed. Each lesson includes a recorded video presentation and accompanying learning materials.
- The course is designed as lessons to be completed in sequence. You will need to watch the presentation in full in order to complete the course.
Next steps… Neurofeedback in ADHD & Insomnia: Practical Component
Upon successful completion of this course, participants have the option of advancing to in-person practical training. In-person training sessions are regularly provided by neuroCare Clinics (Germany, Netherlands, Australia). Please visit www.neurocademy.com or write to [email protected] for further details.