rTMS in Depression, OCD and New Developments
rTMS in Depression, OCD & New Developments
This is a self-paced course where participants receive a theoretical background of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to treat Major Depression in clinical practice. It also presents emerging evidence as a therapy and protocols to treat OCD, as well as optimized benefits when combined with Psychotherapy and Sleep Hygiene Maintenance. Participants will receive an overview of TMS intake and safe delivery protocols. The prediction of treatment outcomes and QEEG markers of response and non-response to TMS will also be presented. The presenters will also introduce the new technique of Neuro-Cardiac Guided TMS (NCG-TMS), a state-of-the-art technique to accurately locate the DLPFC in stimulation.
This course will also present comparable neuromodulation techniques such as tDCS and is suited to professionals with limited experience in neuromodulation.
After successful completion of tests and modules, you will have a solid understanding of rTMS within the research and clinical fields. Enrolled professionals gain access to the following course lessons and practical demonstration videos
- rTMS Background: Physics, History & Equipment (14 mins)
- The Invention of TMS (15 mins)
- rTMS Basics: Stimulation Parameters and Safety (15 mins)
- rTMS Basics: Safety (11 mins)
- rTMS in Depression: An early literature review (15 mins)
- rTMS in Depression & OCD: Past and Present (19 mins)
- Other treatments in Depression (25 mins)
- The role of sleep in Depression (33 mins)
- Personalizing and Optimizing TMS and other development (13 mins)
- New developments in rTMS (19 mins)
- rTMS in pain, parkinson’s and other disorders (15 mins)
- rTMS in combination with psychotherapy (30 mins)
- rTMS Clinical Case Studies (37 mins)
- Other Neuromodulation Techniques & Introduction to Neuro-Cardiac-Guided TMS (18 mins)
- Preparing the patient and marking the DLPFC (9 mins)
- Marking the SMA (2 mins)
- Finding the Motor Threshold (10 mins)
- Placing the coil over right DLPFC (3 mins)
- Placing the coil over left DLPFC (3 mins)
- Placing the coil over SMA (3 mins)
The course content is designed and presented by Dr Martijn Arns (Founder & Research Director, Brainclinics Foundation), Dr Trevor Brown (Senior Neuroscientist & Trainer, neuroCare Group Australia), Joris van Neijenhof (Senior Clinician & Neuropsychologist, neuroCare Group Netherlands) and Drs Marleen Stam (Global Trainer & Psychologist, neuroCare Group Netherlands)
- For this self-paced course, we have estimated the following time commitment:
- 6 hours (approximately) to view all lesson presentations
- 1 hour to complete all tests (subsequent to each lesson)
- 5 hours additional recommended reading material
- This course accounts for 100 points towards your neuroCademy profile.
- Participants will receive an “rTMS in Depression, OCD & New Developments: Theoretical Component” Certificate upon successful completion of all lessons in this course (see below for practical component).
- For all lessons with a test, an 80% pass of the test is required to advance to the next lesson. The test can be repeated as many times as needed. Each lesson includes a recorded video presentation and accompanying learning materials
- The course is designed as lessons to be completed in sequence. You will need to watch the presentation in full in order to complete the course.
- This course must be completed within 6 months, to maintain consistency of study, ensure understanding of course material and to prepare you adequately for your practical training.
Next steps… rTMS in Depression, OCD & New Developments: Practical Component
Upon successful completion of this course, participants have the option of advancing to in-person practical training. In-person training sessions are regularly provided by neuroCare Clinics (Germany, Netherlands, Australia). Please check our events calendar for dates and locations.