This is a self-paced course for professionals interested in applying the technique of tDCS in clinical or research settings. The presenters cover technical and neurophysiological theory of electrical stimulation with practical demonstration videos. After successful completion of tests and modules, you will have a solid understanding of tDCS in practice.
Self-paced online course
After successful completion of tests and modules, you will have a solid understanding of tDCS within the research and clinical fields.
There are 4 lessons in this course, each with a video presentation:
- LESSON 1. Electrotechnical, neurophysiological background of tDCS
- LESSON 2. Safety, regulatory and application guidelines of tDCS
- LESSON 3. tDCS as a therapeutic tool in adults and children
- LESSON 4. Variability in the response to tDCS*
- Practical Demonstration videos (DC-STIMULATOR MOBILE Demonstration)
For this self-paced course, we have estimated the following time commitment:
- 3 hours to view all lesson presentations
- 1 hour to complete all tests (subsequent to the lesson presentation)
- 6 hours of additional recommended reading material
This course accounts for 60 points towards your neuroCademy profile.
Participants will receive “An Introduction to tDCS: Theoretical Component” Certificate upon successful completion of all lessons in this course (see below for practical component).
For Lessons 1 – 4, an 80% pass of the test is required to advance to the next lesson.
The test can be repeated as many times as needed. Each lesson includes a recorded video presentation and accompanying learning materials.
The course is designed as lessons to be completed in sequence. You will need to watch the presentation in full in order to complete the course.
This course must be completed within 6 months, to maintain consistency of study, ensure understanding of course material and to prepare you adequately for your practical training.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants have the option of advancing to in-person practical training. In-person training sessions are regularly provided by neuroCare Clinics (Germany, Netherlands, Australia). Please check our events calendar for dates and locations.